Learn the basics of strategy to help you evaluate and pursue growth opportunities for your company.
This course was designed to teach the fundamentals of strategy and growth to the owners and principals of small- to medium-sized businesses. In addition to the content developed to convey ideas about strategy and growth, this course also offers a number of applications designed to help participants to apply the content to their own businesses.
What are the requirements?
- No special software or books needed. The only requirement is the motivation to grow your company.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 18 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge necessary to develop a strategic growth plan for your company.
- In this course you will learn the fundamentals of strategy.
- In this course you will learn how to link your plans for growth to your strategy.
What is the target audience?
- Owners and principals of small- to medium-sized businesses
- Individuals interested in starting their own businesses
What is Strategy?
Content: What is Strategy?Application: What is Your Strategy?
Your Company's External Environment: What's Going on out There?
Content: External EnvironmentApplication: Your Company's External Environment
Your Company's Internal Environment: Value Propositions
Content: Internal Environment: Value PropositionsApplication: Your Value Proposition
Your Company's Internal Environment: What are We Doing?
Content: Internal Environment: VRIOApplication: VRIO and You
Business-Level Strategy: Doing Different Things or Doing Things Differently
Content: Your Company's Business-Level StrategyApplication: Your Business-Level Strategy
Strategic Growth and Intentions
Content: Strategic Growth and IntentionsApplication: Your Growth Intentions
Growing in Different Patterns
Content: Growth PatternsApplication: Growth Patterns
Analyzing Growth Opportunities
Content: Evaluating OpportunitiesExample: Growth Opportunities at Duke BurgersApplication: Your Growth Opportunities
Bringing It Together: Concluding Thoughts
The Final Application