Develop a comprehensive plan for increasing your personal leadership capacity to effect meaningful change now and into the future.
Explore methods and strategies to critique and rethink organisational practices in education; develop staff and student wellbeing; and use coaching to support and lead change in your workplace.
You will develop leadership capacities in
- flexibility and creative thinking
- conflict resolution
- personnel development, and
- coaching and team building
You will be guided in devising a plan to positively transform your educational organisation and develop your staff.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered with the New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). Completing EDLMx3 Leading for Transformative Change in Education will contribute 12 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 6.2.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
What will you learn
- Apply flexible styles of leadership with empowerment and strategic planning
- Identify methods to energise your staff towards the creation of efficient and effective organisations
- Synthesise substantial organisational and micro-political techniques including conflict resolution and personnel development
- Develop coaching capacities to improve your ability to lead your organisational team and effect change.