Principles of Reactive Programming in Scala.
Reactive programming is a set of techniques for implementing scalable, resilient and responsive systems. The basic building-block of such systems is event handlers. This course teaches how to implement reactive systems in Scala by using high-level abstractions based on event-handlers.
What will you learn
- use, transform and sequence asynchronous computations using Future values,
- write concurrent systems based on Actors, using untyped Akka and Akka Typed,
- design systems resilient to failures,
- implement systems that can scale out according to a varying workload,
- transform and consume infinite and intermittent streams of data with Akka Stream,
- understand how back-pressure controls flows of data